Monday, April 12, 2010

New Growth

P1040716

The seedlings are peeking up after a long winter, Julian has been filmed almost in the rain by the BBC for the Occitane garden at the Chelsea Flower Show, and after seven hard months, his book, Postcard from Provence, has finally gone to press! This afternoon I had a final look through the pdf before sending it to the printers (lucky, as a vineyard was called a lavender field on page 47 and a critical subscriber had lost the l in his name) whilst listening to Steven Isserlis play Rachmaninov. Down a floor Julian was painting strawberries, the champagne was chilling in the fridge, a cat was nuzzling into the crook of my elbow. I found myself in floods of tears.

Meanwhile in Paris, I was not walking down the red carpet as the film arte made of our Don Giovanni premiered at the Gaumont tonight, but you can't have it all. I was having a bad hair day when they filmed anyway.

P1040696

1 Comments:

Anonymous Barbara said...

(o)

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home