Sunday, March 19, 2006

marathon

violet

Though we have seen the first violets and have had one or two lunches al fresco, there is no almond blossom yet and we are having an atypically cold wet start to spring. This morning, lying in bed drinking tea and listening to the strange ping of Provençal rain, we talked about when we would make the ascent of the Ventoux, agreeing that sunshine would have to be a premise. Looking out of the window at the shiny roof tiles and feeling the sodden fur of Oscar I fell shamefully shy of my run, showering straight away and moving swiftly into juiced still life pear and coffee….

Then these guys passed on their way up the Ventoux and I felt mightily ashamed of being a fair weather fitness freak.

marathon

3 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

When I had to run, the rain and clouds were better backdrop to my mood. If you run for joy, then warm sunshine is definitely the more aesthetically pleasing backdrop.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nonsense! Atleast you're out there trying!

XXX

9:06 AM  
Blogger Peter (the other) said...

I don't know, must be my bad attitude, but when I see groups exercising like that, there is a strong whiff of fascism, or fear or... ?

I have always, much, preferred to run alone.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home