Wednesday, September 14, 2005

home

DSCN3676.JPG

Morning. I am lying in between the stripes of the vineyard, the bulbous black clusters sugar-frosted and glinting in the sun. The heat has a chilly autumnal gauze around it full of paradox - log fires and suntans, lunch al fresco and sledging, cotton skirts and boots. Our cats are twining themselves around gnarled trunks and posing for me under a shifting canopy of vine-light....

DSCN3656.JPG

I am home.

DSCN3669.JPG

It is evening. I go off to pick thyme for the chicken. Scrabbling up the red sandy rock I see ochre cloud-puffs in the deepening blue and a silver cat sitting proud on his pink throne. My fingers smell pungent from the herbs in the air rinsed clean with rain and pine.

I return to the house and my husband's eyes have welled up.

"I like having a wife" he splutters.
"Even a friend is nice".

We are together again.

Night......

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome home!!!

3:23 AM  
Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

awwww, you two!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Hoping you are too blissed out for words... oh, the light in these photos...

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home