Thursday, August 25, 2005

too many

DSCN3630.JPG

Almost twice this many rainy days in a studentenheim (didn't make breakfast every day) and one still to go:

Too many mornings woken up by the cat castration sounds of my neighbour's reed-making; too many diligent Japanese students' scales with my lunch; too much German reggae infiltrating my pillow at night and too many bloody downpours. My nerves are as frayed as they can be and I am desperate for sunflowers.

Last night our chef behaved in an unbloggable manner towards me and I shut down completely. Being asked to make music with someone after they have hurt you is like being asked to participate in Tantric flower arranging for couples after being hit over the head with a weizen beer bottle. I know some people find it it kinky but I am not one of them, so I lowered my normally baton-ward gaze to the level of our section leader's bow and got on with the opera's bass line in my own private sphere.

In the interval the chef apologised profusely. Then I ended up apologising too:

"No, I'm sorry if I'm over-reacting" - I blubbered - "I'm feeling very fragile. Very h..h...homesick..."
"Me too" he replied.

Which, I guess, is why we are all on the verge of being unbloggable towards one-another. We need to go home. Even the chef.

During the bows, the chef handed his very swish bouquet of sunflowers down to me in the pit. All is forgiven and we are off ......

....to Bremen.

DSCN3633.JPG

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was in the jaars?

9:16 PM  
Blogger ruth said...

sheepsmilk yoghurt!

1:51 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

I'm so sorry you had reason to coin it, but 'unbloggable behaviour' is wonderful...

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home